One week’s worth of eats, drastically reduced (the highlights only), in quick recap form.
Saturday, January 31st
- Scrambled egg whites with veggies + a piece of leftover sushi from dinner out the night before.
- Leftover Noodleless Lasagna from the freezer, topped with tomato sauce and shredded mozzarella.
Sunday, February 1st
- Oatmeal pancake made with a reduced sugar instant oatmeal packet, canned pumpkin and egg whites. Topped with canned pumpkin mixed with vanilla soy protein powder.
- Roasted sweet potato fries and cauliflower with Baked Dijon Salmon from this recipe featured by Angela
Monday, February 2nd
- I completely forget what was in that quesadilla but I know there was edamame hummus and clearly some spinach.
Tuesday, February 3rd
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal – I grated a whole carrot into this baby. To be honest I kind of forget what I put in here but I’m fairly sure it involved oats, cinnamon, almond milk, a splash of gingerbread syrup, almond slices and shredded carrot. It was topped with some kind of yogurt “icing”, which was most likely vanilla yogurt mixed with some nut butter.
- Butternut squash soup pureed with kale and half of my leftover quesadilla from dinner the night before.
Wednesday, February 4th
- A bizarro breakfast – tempeh, carrots, orange, eng muffin with cottage cheese… and then some kiwi slices with a spoonful of vanilla yogurt. I guess I was having an indecisive morning.
- And an indecisive afternoon since lunch was just as random. Veggies, tempeh, leftover salmon, buttercup and acorn squash
- Mediterranean chicken breast, broccoli, buffalo sauce. I finally got Franks Buffalo Sauce since before we were using a more generic brand and it almost ran out. WHOA. I thought buffalo sauce was good before but this stuff is AMAZING. Especially with broccoli. So so good.
- Then some Canned Butternut Squash. This stuff was on sale. I was pretty excited. I think I like canned pumpkin better though. Mixed with vanilla soy protein powder.
Thursday, February 5th
I’m slightly bummed that I had to rush through all of this and couldn’t get it down in several earlier separate posts throughout the week that weren’t bursting at the seams, but hopefully this week I’ll get back to more regular posts that won’t have to be done in one giant clump.
One positive non-food note… The weather is FINALLY picking up! It’s gorgeous and sunny today and is supposed to be above 0 (celsius) all week. Yesterday it was even raining instead of snowing. Spring Spring Spring!
Alright, I guess it’s time to get back to the studying. Thanks for the all of the good luck studying encouragement, and I wish mass amounts of good luck to all of you! Whether you’re studying or not :)