Makes 4 large servings
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
1. Chop up all vegetables
2. Preheat broiler.
3. Mix eggs, egg whites, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
4. Pour olive oil into an oven-safe pan/skillet and saute all veggies in the pan, adding the spinach last.
5. Once the spinach has wilted, make sure the vegetables are spread evenly in the bottom of the pan, then pour the egg mixture over top.
6. Sprinkle the crumbled feta on top.
7. Once the egg has set (~5 minutes), place the pan into the oven and broil for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
Frittatas are easy and versatile. You can basically substitute any vegetables you have on hand. I just chopped up whatever veggies I found in my fridge. :)
Nutritional Info: 182 calories, 12g fat, 13g protein