Oh a terrible blogger I be, I be,
Oh a terrible blogger I be.
Not sure why. It’s not like I have any stellar excuses.
or Why I’ve been just TOO BUSY to possibly blog (…riiiiiight.)
- I was too busy making (and subsequently devouring) some of the most addicting granola you might ever taste: Seven-Year Granola
Mine went like so:
125g or 1/2 cup rolled oats, slightly ground in the Bullet
125g or 1/2 cup oat flour (I actually used kamut flakes ground up into powder)
1.5 cups mixed nuts and seeds – chopped almonds and cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
1/3 cup water
dash sea salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
Bowl 1 – Mix together oats, nuts, spices.
Bowl 2 – Mix together brown sugar, melted butter and water. Then add salt and vanilla.
Pour Bowl 2 into Bowl 1 and mix to coat.
Spread onto a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, stir, 15 minutes, stir 10-15 minutes. Done, let cool, devour.
- I was too busy baking Cake Cookies late on a Saturday night when my friends’ changed plans left me stranded and bored.
And eating them atop mini chocostrawberry smoothies.
…I can’t even begin to describe the texture of these or think of anything to compare them to. Weird. But good weird. But still pretty weird.
- I was too busy finishing off my box of Peanut Butter Puffins. Perhaps a slightly bittersweet ending but they really had to go. So. Addicting.
- I was too busy consuming brews and bad karaoke renditions of Santeria at an uptown karaoke/country bar.
- I was too busy sweating off those brews in a spin class as part of my brand new one month gym membership. Limited time online offer, no strings attached. So I get to finish off the summer going to as many Spin, Zumba and Body Pump classes as my little heart desires (and can handle…). Sweet deal!
- I was too busy being completely disgusted by sardines in a can. Call me naive but I did NOT know they looked like that? I pictured the cartoony version with the wee little fishies all lined up neatly in a row.
…No no. This was a can of gutty things with visible spines. Minimized for the safety of your eyes…shudder.
- I was too busy eating pasta and veggie burgers in an attempt to rid myself of the horrid images of little sardines dancing through my head.
- I was too busy eating my weight in watermelon. Isn’t that what summer is all about?
- I was too busy… just eating?
- I was too busy finally seeing Inception.
Good movie? Yes. Worth seeing? Yes. Frustrating? YES. I think I need to see it at least two more times to try to make sense of it all.
Yeah, my excuses. Poor poor excuses. Eating watermelon hardly takes up hours of my day (though it probably could amiright?).
So this week. You bear with my wayward ways, come back here and I’ll come back here too with… a giveaway?
Stay tuned…until next time!