I’m on a downward spiral of food doom. My disgustingly full stomach can vouch for that. I doubled up on workouts today to try to compensate for a teeny bit of the over indulgence. It can’t help much considering the entire weekend was pretty much a bust in terms of food amount consumption, but at least I feel pretty good and refreshed. My negative posting needs to lighten up a bit eh? I’ll try to keep the rest of this pretty cheery!
For breakfast I had an egg white scramble that included salsa, spinach, diced tomato and guacamole. I love guac. And I discovered I especially love guac with egg whites. I had a piece of rye bread along with it.
There were also some other random eatings that happened during this breakfast time: a bite of muffin here, a lick of pb there… who knows.
Forgot about lunch pictures. Yet again. This made me sad when I realised. But I just brought a mixed veggie salad topped with a homemade dressing mix and some guac. This one was a really tasty one, must have been the guac. I also had an apple, a plum, and a containter of chocolate cherry yogurt.
Dinner was lasagna with garlic bread and frozen veg mix. I had a teeny bit of the lasagna but it wasn’t very good at all. It was some frozen one that was high in calories and fat but NOT high on taste. I’ve had way better frozen lasagnas before. This one was just all wrong. So I also had some cottage cheese, half a zucchini, a bunch of mushrooms and a big bowl of spinach with light cucumber dressing to compensate for the lack of impressive dinner eatings. Oh and I think maybe some red pepper slices and some mini ketchup rice cakes as a pre-dinner snack.
Then I headed off with a friend to visit another friend in another city about a half hour away for the night. This was my first time visiting her in her new place so it was exciting. Her parents just bought her the house and she’s paying them rent and living there for the next few years while she finishes school. Her place is so cozy, I love it.
But anyway, the plan was to go out for a girls night to some club/bar place called The Palace. But being the lightweight that I am, I made the stupid decision to test my drinking boundaries and mix one drink more than I usually do. I must have made it a pretty heavy one because as soon as we got on the bus to head to the bar I started feeling a little woozy. I won’t go into all the shameful details, but they involve a cop driving by telling us that we had better not be trying to get into any bars, us going in anyway, me seeing a whole lot of the sketchy bathroom and the night coming to a close pretty darn quickly. Although my friend and I did get ‘leid’ while sitting on the street waiting for a cab, which was a highlight for us, sadly enough. The beautiful green neck garment is now adorning my dresser.
Even though I kinda killed the night, we still had a good time overall. Who really needs a bar when you can just jump into sprinklers before even getting on the bus?
That would be Katie. She’s a little crazy. And she was just a little bit wet after that.
But I’ll move on to today.
My friend and I drove home bright and early this morning. I had intended to eat some cottage cheese and fruit as soon as I got home for brekkie, but when I opened the fridge I was presented with two little gems.
#1 – A container of half eaten sushi
#2 – A box of desserts. Kahlua Toffee Bar and Rhubarb Tart. Yeah. Right.
These were both owned by my brother but he wasn’t home. So what did I do? Dug in. Okay, not quite. But I did have one piece of sushi and cut off a small piece of each dessert.
Oh and then I snacked a whole bunch of PB Puffins. That was the real breakfast killer here because it was unnecessary. I wasn’t even hungry anymore! Oh well.
For lunch I had egg whites scrambled with salsa, hummus and guacamole, and a big cut up carrot with balsamic vinaigrette. I used to do the chopped up carrot thing almost every day a couple summers ago. I forgot how much I enjoy eating this.
Then I chopped up a honeydew melon that had been sitting in our fridge for a while, and snacked on some pieces during the chopping process. We hardly ever get honeydew melon but I think we need to start more often because it’s deeeelicious.
Later my mom and I did some errand running. And I found THIS beauty, on SALE no less. Half a cup for 100 calories and 0.4g of fat, complete with brownie chunks, chocolatey swirls and a hint of cappuccino greatness? There was no way I was passing this up. And yes, I cracked it open as soon as I got home and yes, I dug straight into the container with a spoon. It was all good and melty, how could I not?
After dinner I made my brother a milkshake (there were no boundaries here so it wasn’t the least bit healthy) and I snuck a few sips plus a few bites of vanilla ice cream while making it. I also had a bite of a pumpkin chocolate chip muffin and a bit of a shortbread cookie. Once the junk food eating is triggered I have the hardest time settling it down.
Anyway, there is my weekend in one very large nutshell. And because I keep forgetting to do this, I was tagged by Jenn to do that questionnaire thingy, so might as well tack that onto this gigantic post as well! Woo!
1) LAST MOVIE U SAW IN A THEATRE? The Sex and the City movie
2) WHAT BOOK ARE U READING? I’m in the middle of reading a pile of different things actually, including novels, magazines and cookbooks. I’m sort of reading ‘Ninteen Minutes’ by Jodi Picoult but I actually haven’t picked it up in a little while…whoops!3) FAVOURITE BOARD GAME? Hmm.. I’m not a huge board game fan. Maybe Scrabble. Or Scattergories! Greatest game.
4) FAVOURITE MAGAZINE? Fitness, Shape, Self, Nutrition Action Newsletter, Vegetarian Times and the occasional celeb gossip magazine
5) FAVOURITE SMELLS? Guys’ cologne, anything orangey/tangeriney, fresh baked goods, yeast (like from beer factories!)
6) FAVOURITE SOUNDS? Water – crashing waves, trickling, waterfalls, rain…
7) WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? Loneliness
8 ) WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN U WAKE? What shall I eat for breakfast today?
9) FAVOURITE FAST FOOD PLACE? I don’t really eat at fast food places ever… maybe Subway or something like that.
10) FUTURE CHILD’S NAME? I honestly have no idea. Something not too plain.
11) FINISH THIS STATEMENT—IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY I’D…go on a trip. Or a whole bunch of trips all over the world. Including a cruise. I’d also buy a new car. And you know, maybe do something nice like give some to my family, donate to charities etc…12) DO U DRIVE FAST? I’m naturally rigged to drive fast but I’m always paying attention and trying to keep within a decent speed. I got pulled over once, luckily got away with a warning, but it scared me enough to keep me paranoid. I can’t afford a crazy insurance hike from a speeding ticket. Bummer.
13) DO U SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? Nope
14) STORMS–COOL OR SCARY? A little scary depending on severity but ultimately COOL!
15) WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? I still have it. It’s a ’93 Mercury Topaz baby, heck yeah! My pimpmobile even has flame decals on the side, it’s just THAT awesome. Oh and of course the burgundy interior is what completes the masterpiece.
16) FAVOURITE DRINK? Right now, probably iced coffee.
17) FINISH THIS STATEMENT-IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD…I don’t really know. I feel like I have time enough right now to fit in whatever I want to or need to.
18 ) DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI? But of course!
19) IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY OTHER COLOUR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE? Well right now I’m quite content with it being blonde and I don’t really desire anything different. Although in my early high school days I think I wanted to dye it every different colour out there. Good thing I got over that stage before I actually did dye it. Well I did have it reddish brown and plum at different points. But those are innocent enough.
20) NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS U HAVE LIVED IN? Oshawa, Ontario; Winnepeg, Manitoba; Pointe Claire, Quebec; KW, Ontario
21) FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH? I’m not a big sports watcher. At all. I’ll watch gymnastics or skating or swimming on tv once in a blue moon…I don’t mind seeing a live sports game of any sort once in a while either.
22) ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Her posts are always bright and cheery and her food always looks mouth wateringly delicious :)
23) WHATS UNDER YOUR BED? A big box full of craft stuff and Archie comics
24) WOULD U LIKE TO BE BORN AS YOURSELF AGAIN?? Sure why not, I’m decently content with myself.
25) MORNING PERSON OR NIGHT OWL? Hmm.. that’s tough. Probably both. I like being up decently early to enjoy the day, and yet I also like to stay up late. This pattern isn’t so great for my sleeping habits… but sleeping seems like such a waste of time, it’s so boring! Haha. Don’t worry, I DO get plenty of sleep, I swear.
26) OVER EASY OR SUNNY SIDE UP? Probably sunny side up.
27) FAVOURITE PLACE TO RELAX? Maybe in the backyard tanning.
28 ) FAVOURITE PIE? Probably either strawberry rhubarb or raspberry or pumpkin
29) FAVOURITE ICE CREAM FLAVOUR? Anything chocolatey with chunks of stuff in it.
30) OF ALL THE PEOPLE U HAVE TAGGED, WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST? I’m not tagging, I’m sure most have been tagged by now!
I pride anyone who got through this entire thing. Yikes.